Want to jump straight to the answer? Our choice for the Best DAW for Podcasting is Soundtrap!
You always wanted to start a podcast, but you know nothing about recording and editing audio making it feel extremely daunting. Where is it that I start? Well good news for you, finding the perfect DAW for podcasting, sounds a lot harder than it actually is. We pulled together 3 of the best options out there for anyone starting up their podcast from scratch. These options are all easy to learn as well as easy to afford (two are even free!).
Quicklook: Best DAWs for Podcasting
What to Look for in a DAW for Podcasting
If you are new to the world of audio, there are some factors to take account of that you may not think of. That is why we put together this list of guidelines when looking for the best DAWs for podcasting.
You want to make sure when you go to download or start using a DAW that it works on your computer. Most free DAWs out there are available on both Apple and Windows products, but in this list you will see options that are solely available to each one.
For most podcasts, you need no more than 2-4 channels recorded for voices. It’s rare that a podcast will go above that count but it has been done before. Luckily each and every one of these DAWs is set up for whatever tasks you look to overcome.
You can find tutorials for almost anything out there. But if you are looking to learn about your specific DAW for podcasting in the future, I would make sure you pick one that is prevalent and popular. This means that there will be many people explaining the ins and outs of this DAW. It also means that the producers of the program will be keeping it up to date and current with your computer.
Best DAWs for Podcasting
Soundtrap is an amazing online DAW for podcasting that allows for easy collaboration between multiple parties. There are amazing features (you will see below) that allow you to create a better podcast for your channel! Not only does Soundtrap make it easy to record an episode, but with your subscription to the online DAW, you can upload your show directly to Spotify as soon as it’s ready!
- Call Collaboration – Interviewing guests on a call and getting a quality audio take is now easier than ever. You create the session, send the link to who you are interviewing (they don’t even have to have a Sountrap account) and start recording.
- Easy Upload – Instead of having to go through a separate subscription to gain access to upload your content to a listening platform, Soundtrap provides immediate access to upload straight to Spotify.
- Storytelling Subscription – Instead of having a load of extra music related pieces in your DAW, you can pay for a subscription that is focused on your podcast. With this subscription, you get the Interactive Transcripts mode which will transcribe whichever tracks you choose. Transcribing a podcast allows for a higher rating with most algorithms.
- Mac and Windows
- An up to Date Browser
- Soundtrap App is available on Google Play and Apple App stores.
2. Acid Pro 10
Acid Pro is an easy to use and extremely affordable DAW, with all the tools you need for eq, compression, and much more. You can easily set yourself up for a successful episode by creating unique intro and outro music with their super intuitive music production tools.
- Purchasing – You have 3 options of how to purchase or set up a subscription for your version of Acid 10.
- Loops – Acid comes with an extensive selection of loops and sounds to get you going on either a theme song, or just sound effects for the show.
- Background Noise – If you are experiencing a lot of background noise, simply put the ExpressFX Noise Gate on your channel and hear the noise fade away.
- Mac – N/A
- Windows/PC – Windows 8 and 10 (64-bit only)
Cakewalk is a free to use DAW that you can create professional sounds for any environment. It has an award-winning user interface and even has built-in mastering tools to help you get your audio to the correct levels for your platform. You could always purchase and use third-party plugins, but you probably won’t need them with the amazing options already available in Cakewalk.
- Uploads – You can upload your finished recordings straight to YouTube, SoundCloud, and more!
- Perks – Cakewalk is a unique DAW that has all of the features and capabilities of some of the absolute best professional DAWs out there for FREE.
- Free Mastering – With the free instant mastering, you can get the best levels and sounds from your voices for everyone to hear.
- Windows/PC – 10
- Android and iOS Apps available
Everyone knows of Garageband in some capacity. This free DAW usually comes installed on any Apple product whether it be a computer, phone, or iPad. There are some amazing free plugins that come standard with Garageband as well as access to a ton of royalty-free loops from the Apple Library.
- Mobility – You never have to worry about using a laptop to record or mix your projects. With the app, you can start or continue your sessions anywhere.
- Loops – Garageband has 1,000 loops for you to use however you would like in your sessions.
- Mac – 11.0 or later
- Windows/PC – N/A
- App – Available on iOS
Any of these awesome DAWs can have your first podcast episode started and posted in a matter of hours. You can take the guesswork out of what you need for your podcast and just focus on what you want to use as topics and how to present them. You can quickly have a professional sound like your own favorite creators like Joe Rogan and start developing your audience immediately. Take advantage of the best daws for podcasting and you will be setting yourself up for success from the start.
Subscribe to Audio Assemble on Youtube for the latest Reviews and Tutorials!
For the latest deals and discounts from your favorite companies and distributors, check out our Deals Page!